Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The uncertainty of death

Death…
Ever since I was young, death was an overwhelming concern for myself. I worried constantly about what happens when you die? Would you ever see the ones who went ahead, and the ones you leave behind?
Just  last night, I came from the wake of a friends father who died suddenly at the young age of 71. Then right beside his chapel was another wake for a guy who was just 51 years of age!
Hence my concern about life and death again. But I know it is an exercise in futility until someone talks to us from the other side.
So death remains the dark and unknown frontier it has always been.
All that’s left to do then, is to cherish life and live as though it all ends here.
Death is the ultimate uncertainty, while it's opposite which is life, is the ultimate certainty.

No comments:

Post a Comment