Friday, June 24, 2011

A tornado in Quezon City??

If it were not the middle of June I would have thought that it was an
April Fools joke.

I was scanning Tweetdeck when I read this reports about a twister in
Balete drive!

Here is a link to a blog which has photos of the aftermath:

http://cheftonio.blogspot.com/2011/06/twister-in-new-manila-betty-go-belmonte.html

Sometimes I feel that we are so used to movies that we sometimes cannot
discern the difference between reality and fiction. If we could then
people would have long rang the alarm bells about the disasters that are
ravaging our world.

Listen up PEOPLE, technology is not a magic pill that will save us from
a whole spectrum of impending disasters. As a reality check, we still
have not cured the common cold and there are many superbugs that are
afflicting us now, which defy most antibiotics known to man.

So don't think for one minute, that technology can prevent in one fell
swoop, disasters which we spent decades creating...

I'm not an alarmist, I'm just a realist who worries that it might soon
be too late to make changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment